Monday, July 25, 2011

French Toast


I have been a university student for the past three and a half years next week I am about to start my very last semester. 

I have loved my time at university and I almost cannot believe it will be over so soon. 

While I will certainly not miss the assignments, deadlines, exams or the commute.

I will miss the mid-week sleep ins. The days when I can wake up whenever I like and if I choose

 ...spend the morning making french toast. 




French Toast

4 pieces of soft white bread
2 eggs
4 tablespoons of whole milk
1 teaspoon of caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence 
A knob of butter

Strawberries
& Pure Maple Syrup
{to serve}


Whisk eggs with milk, sugar and vanilla.

Place the slices of bread in a dish and pour over egg mixture.

Heat a little of the butter in a fry pan over a medium heat. 

Cook the bread slices for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. 

Dust with Icing sugar and cut into triangles. 

Serves 2

Note - if you are making a large batch, the french toast can be kept warm in the oven.

3 comments:

  1. Just made some for an afternoon treat...beautiful hannah! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made french toast for me and John. It was sooo delish x

    ReplyDelete